Failure at connecting Wi-Fi (add device failed) how to troubleshoot
Please note when adding device:
- Confirm device is powered on.
- Confirm device is waiting for network configuration.
- Confirm that device, smartphone and router are as close to each other.
- Make sure the network function of router and smartphone are unblocked.
- Confirm the entered router password is correct.
- Confirm adding device is under 2.4 WIFI channel. Enable the broadcast and not allow to hide Wi-Fi
- Confirm that router’s encryption method is WPA2-PSK and authentication type is AES, or both are set up as automatic.
- Confirm your Wi-Fi name only contains letters and numbers，eg:abcd1234.
- If router’s connected devices reach the amount limit. Please try to turn off some devices’ wife function and configure again.
- If router enables MAC address filter, please try removing the device from MAC filter list and make sure router is allowing device to be connected